Friday, March 5, 2010

Education/Training: Autodesk University 2004/2007


Autodesk University, Las Vegas, NV; November 2004 and November 2007

Paul Aubin and I co-taught a class on the rendering application VIZ Render that was shipped with Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004, 2005, and 2006. This was a basic version of Autodesk VIZ that could maintain links to the model from Architectural Desktop allowing for model updates without losing a lot of the work completed in the rendering application. It was a fairly full room and we received excellent reviews.

AutoCAD®-based applications had their old rendering technology replaced with mental ray®. This change was significant for most users. I was able to leverage what I understood about the application, what I had learned by working with the feature pre-release, and my training background to give an informative class on the new settings and what they all meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment